Wednesday, June 3, 2015

2015 - The year of figuring some of this stuff out

There's a little too much to to say in order catch up everything that has happened since the last post on this blog. But a lot has stayed the same too. So we might as well just jump right back into the deep end. It's like seeing a long-lost best friend after years or riding a bike right? You just pick back and up and it feels natural.

Today was my first weight watchers meeting in probably 3 years. At least that's the last time I can remember having it as part of my life. In the past 3 years I haven't been completely off the health wagon - just trying different things such as a juice cleanse, 10k trainer, lots of zumba, yoga, some vegan eating, a month of non-processed foods and a lot of months without doing anything healthy for myself as well. I think my brain got to the point where I thought I was too good for weight watchers. How does one become too good for weight watchers? Maybe one just doesn't want to do weight watchers anymore and instead of saying that starts to pick apart its process. But let's be honest. The only thing that has consistently worked for me in the past has been this program. I'm held accountable, I can watch the numbers go down and I forgot how satisfying that feels. I am truly excited to start this journey again and excited to see how this will positively impact my life.

What goes hand in hand with eating well? Well, moving your body of course. That is also something that I was very dedicated to a very long time and have slowly let slip. I can feel how weak my body has gotten and I think that is part of the reason I haven't wanted to jump back into it. It's so hard to start all over but if you don't start how will things ever change? So today I went to the gym in the first time in 2015. I only did the elliptical for 30 minutes but it was a start. I'm excited to get back into zumba which I miss tremendously and to start my running training again. I will run a 10k before I turn 30. I will be able to do 10 manly push-ups before 30. And I will run a mile under 10 minutes before I turn 30.

For the last couple months I haven't been happy with the person I have become. I feel lazy, listless and not worthy of a lot of things. But that stops today. I want to love the person I see in the morning and a lot of that has to do with how I treat my body.  I'm turning the rest of 2015 around. Starting right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment