Monday, February 6, 2012

Oops

So I usually work til 6 on Monday's so I can head straight to kickboxing. I got off work at 5 and decided to just come home,eat dinner and then go to the gym instead. But....then I got sucked into the voice and sat on my couch til 9. And thus the title of this post entitled Oops. Haha. The best part about this evening is discovering how different I am now. I did enjoy the voice (clearly) but I felt guilty but not in a bad way but a good way. I sort of regretted not working out not just because it was the right thing to do but because I actually missed it. I used to go home, eat dinner and just watch tv on most nights and now that is such a rarity I can't even remember the last time I did that on a week night. It's such a great realization to have. I won't let the guilt get me down. I'll get right back at it tomorrow.

In other news I looked up that 12 week fitness plan from that blog I posted and I think a lot of it sounds amazing. That girl was ripped! I don't like the no cardio so I wonder if you can modify the plan and it will still work like that. I like her calorie mentality she writes about on her blog. It makes me want to get a fit-bit really bad. That may be my valentines gift to myself. (one of many gifts I'm contemplating haha) Hope you had the most fantastic Monday!

2 comments:

  1. It's ok to rest once in a while! I really think if I had kept going last week like I had been I would have injured myself (my knee was starting to get a bit sore the week before) and then would have had to really take it easy for a while.... So rest is good sometimes.

    I looked into the 12 week program too and I am so up for it! I only have like 5 weeks until we go to Disney, so I am going to try to start at week 8 and do some of it and then when we get back start over! I'm pumped! The no cardio thing was weird to me too, but they said that it is so your body doesn't sacrifice your muscles as fuel to the cardio workout and so your calories go to build muscle rather than fuel your cardio. Makes sense, but is scary, right? My thoughts are, these people (body builders and fitness models) are experts at getting fit/ripped/buff, so it must work, right?. I bet as long as you only did cardio a few times a week you'd be ok. I'm excited! Just printed day 50 out to take to the gym! (I got the morning off-woo!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I miss working out on days I skip too!! Look at us, we are officially gym rats, and we like it! :) I'm so proud of us every day. It is amazing to see how we have truly changed out lives in the last year or so. I actually get really bored/squirmy with tv now, like I should be up doing something.

    ReplyDelete