Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Check In

Happy Sunday!

I think I am going to re-evaluate my diet this week.  I think that my lack of change is probably due to that.  I have been doing low-carb/no sugar, but I give myself a free pass on stuff without carbs....so I am thinking my calories are too high.  I'm going to start focusing more on calories while continuing the low carb stuff.I mostly track my carbs and not my total calories (i.e. I don't always enter stuff like meat or oil into my tracker because they have no carbs), so my goal is to track everything this week.

This week I also really ramped up my cardio.  My goal was to do three hours total of cardio, and I actually ended up doing 5 hours total.  I did skimp a bit on strength training this week just to see how my body would react to resting my muscles.  Apparently my body could have cared less, haha.  My scale is still stuck around 139 and my measurements are the same as they have been. (I do feel better about how I look in shorts though).

Why is it so hard to produce a change right now?  I feel like I haven't moved my numbers in the last month!  Maybe my body is happy here.  Or maybe it is that I am eating too many calories. Any ideas??



So that's where I'm at this week: stuck. 

Goals for the coming week:
1. Track all food and total calories, aiming to maintain an average deficit of 500 calories per day. 
2. 3 hours of cardio and 3 strength training sessions. 

1 comment:

  1. We both seem stuck. Maybe this is just a plateua. I think tracking food is a great idea. I plan to do that too. Do you think we need to switch up our workouts? Are our bodies just used to working out now? Does that happen?

    ReplyDelete