Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1/10/12

I'm still getting used to the fact that it's 2012. Does this seem weird to you to?

The job is going really well. I love the environment. Everyone is super friendly and seem really relaxed. Of course I'm really enjoying getting to work with Kirby again. I've already had stuff to do and the days have gone by fast so far. I don't think I'm used to working full 8 hour days. I came home yesterday and was exhausted. I didn't have time to make it to Kickboxing so I told myself I would just do a Jillian video but I kid you not I could not get off the couch. I was so, so tired. More tired than I've been in a very long time. I watched some Sherlock on Netflix and went to bed super early. Btw if you haven't watched the present day BBC version of Sherlock Holmes go and do it now! It is so good!

I got back out there tonight and did some zumba. Class was packed because 200 people bought that groupon (so it was a blessing and curse at the same time). I amaze myself at how competitive I am. Clearly zumba is just for fun but now since I know all the songs I felt like I was trying to out-do myself at class tonight. The good part was that my heart rate was really up there. I averaged 181 tonight for a 56 minute workout.

My body is feeling really good this week. I already feel stronger. I am doing some zumba tomorrow because Sarah and I are having a movie night afterwards but on Thursday I'm planning on getting my strength training in. I liked the Body for Life link you gave me. I think I will try that. Do you have any tips for when you do it?

I'm off to read. Megan got me started on Hunger Games and I can't stop. Have you read them? So amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm competitive too, haha, so I hear ya! I think that is why it is such a good workout, because we are always trying to do the best/go hardest!

    On Body for life, the point is to get to "failure" or where you just can't go anymore on that muscle group--this is why it really works.

    Hunger games is SO good. Just started re-reading it since the movie is coming up. Love them!

    Also, I would LOVE to do a Zumba Party over here somewhere! Sounds like a great plan for a good day!

    ReplyDelete