Sunday, January 15, 2012

End of Week 2

So, here are my stats for the week:

  • Weight 132.6/134.8 --So yesterday the scale was really nice, and reflected the first number, but today it was back up to 134.8.  I know my water flux has been crazy this week, as there have been days I can't get my rings off, so I am not too worried about it.  
  • Arms: 11.0/11.0 (-0.5 on each side)
  • Bust: 35.0 (-1.0 inch)---It really is sad that this is the first to go...
  • Waist: 26.5 (-1.5)
  • Hips: 35.5 (-1.0)
  • Thighs: 22.0/22.5 (+0.5/+0.5)--they don't look/feel bigger, but I think the muscles are holding onto water... I really worked my legs this week.
  • Calves 14.0/14.0 (+0.5/+0.5) Same thing here.  
  • The parentheses are total losses from the beginning stats.
My thoughts:
  • I'm really not concerned with weight at this point, especially since both James and I have noticed a visible difference in my body, and my clothes fit a lot better already. I know I am really retaining water (I don't think I gained 1/2 an inch of muscle in my thighs/calves--they are hoarding water!)
  • I can definitely feel more muscle/firmness....  does the protein work that quickly?  
  • My bikini for our vacation came in earlier this week, and man, it is some real motivation!  Visualizing myself wearing it what keeps me going strong and staying positive because I'm determined to get there and know I can do it! I think it is like signing up for a 5k--it pushes you to reach that goal when you have a definite end point/deadline.  In my head, it is "just 8 more weeks to get where you need to be."  I was worried it would be a negative thing that would disappoint me and drag me down, but it has actually been a really positive thing for me!
  • So I went to another Zumba class on Thursday night (much better and more intense than the first one) and I didn't have enough energy for it--I was very sluggish and just tired from the beginning.  So this week, I am going to work on making sure I have enough fuel to do my workouts.  I'm also going to keep up the 100g of protein per day.  I feel full when I do and the shakes/smoothies are great for a dessert/sweet tooth!
  • Also, I forgot to mention, we went ahead and signed up for a membership at our little gym!  I'm pretty excited to plan my workouts for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment