Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hump Day

So I wanted to try out a new way to post spreadsheets and stuff.  I saw someone else use a screen shot that had been cropped in Paint, so I figured I would give it a shot.  If you open the file you want and press "Alt" and "Prt sc sysrq" at the same time, it takes the screen shot, and then you just paste it into Paint to crop it.  From there you can just save it and upload it like a regular pic!



My week is going pretty well so far, except the big blister I now have at the base of my big toe.  Lesson learned: don't wear socks that are loose around the toes to do Zumba/workout in; stick with the "cling-to-your-whole-foot" type of socks.
____________________________________________________________________

Here's the calculator so we can find it again:

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

2 comments:

  1. Love the spreadsheet!

    Was 1180 for just an hour of zumba? Did you get that using your heart rate monitor? Is that the same with the walking? I usually use the calories on the treadmill and last week when I did an hour it just said 595 but that was hills and running too so I thought it should be more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an hour of zumba and an hour of walking + 30 mins of lifting on the second one. You gotta use one of those online calculators and just put in your max and avg heart rate and it will calculate a pretty accurate number for you! Use one like this:

      http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

      (just ignore the last box) Way more accurate than the machine! I'm pretty sure it is the same calculation my watch uses to pop out my calorie number.

      Delete