Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday

This weekend has been so busy but it has been full of such awesome things that I would gladly be this busy all the time if it was like this!!!

Friday we went to the regatta which was amazing and then went to H & 8th which is the monthly food truck rally in OKC. We stayed there til midnight. Such a great night for OKC.

Saturday we went to the Plaza district festival. More food trucks, great local vendors and musicians. Seriously? Am I still in OKC? It doesn't feel like Oklahoma when all this great stuff happens all in one weekend.

Today I'm taking Melissa to Cheevers for lunch/brunch and then I'm taking Courtney to the slow food picnic at the Harn Homestead. It's her Birthday and there will be local farmers there and all the great local chefs preparing their food so it's like work/fun all wrapped in one.

Tonight I'm heading to the parents because we are interviewing students at OSU tomorrow. My lunch and dinner will bought by HT tomorrow so I may not be tracking. It's so hard and frustrating to do when you have no control. I'll try and limit fatty/horrible food though.

I am going to try and run tonight. I really want to run the Susan G. Komen 5k on October 15th. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday, then did 6 miles on the bike (30 minutes) and then did 30 minutes on the elliptical for 3 miles. It felt great. I was going to go to zumba but no one showed up which was a first. I feel like if I keep running for most days until the 15th then I should be ready for the 5k on the 15th. And even if I'm not I can still walk just a little then get right back to running.

I will start hardcore tracking again on Tuesday. I sort of let my food get away from me. This week has had such great eating from the food trucks which I feel is my duty to eat to Saints, the new irish pub, to Cheevers and Slow food today. It's so hard to pass that up. That's why I feel like if I exercise at least I'm somewhat balancing it out, haha. Probably not but it's making me feel less guilty.

1 comment:

  1. Go you!! You would totally be able to do a 5k. If you can do cardio for as long as you can, I'm sure you could run the whole thing! That's impressive dude! Also, your twitter pic is awesome--your face is SKINNY!!!!!! (I'm sure the rest of you is too, but many you sure can tell you've been working hard!)

    It is hard to eat when other people are planning/paying. That's how my last week went. You are exercising so much that your body probably like a little variety in intake, haha.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete