Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rough Week...

.....and I stupidly got on the scale this morning.  I may just throw it out the window!!!!!  It upsets me too much when it tells me these lies.

So this week was a bit rough for me.  First of all, James was sick from Saturday-Thursday with some terrible GI bug.  He was so nauseous that even the smell of cooking food would make him sick.  This poses a problem when the other person in the house actually wants to eat.  Problem #2: I had to work both Tuesday and Thursday evenings until late so I was on a weird schedule and was really tired.  (I realize these are only excuses, but I'm listing them anyway.)  I worked out on Monday and Tuesday, but that was it for this week (I'm about to go to the gym and get back on the horse!), so naturally my mood has been terrible!  I also had a cheat meal this week--I'd been having terrible cravings for carbs all week, so I planned out that on Thursday I would allow myself to have a cheat meal.  I had small portions and didn't feel gross or guilty afterward (this was also pre-approved by James as not cheating on Atkins, so I don't lose--he participated as well).


Gym To-Do:

  • bicep curls 12 reps x3 sets
  • triceps on machine  12 reps x 3 sets
  • lat pull-downs 12 reps x3 sets
  • cross body pull downs 12 reps x3 sets
  • Three-way shoulders: bent over dumbbell rows, bent over dumbbell flies, straight arm dumbbell raises to front.  12 reps of each x 3 super-sets
  • Squats: 12 reps x 3 sets
  • Lunges with dumbbells 12 reps x 3sets
  • Calf Raises with dumbbells 15 each side x 3 sets
  • Weighted side step-ups, 15 each side x3 sets
  • Dead lift 12 reps x3
  • Push-ups in between dead lift sets
  • 30 second planks x3
  • Roman twist abs with weight disc
  • incline crunches with weight
  • back extensions with weight
I think I am going to sit down later and re-motivate myself.  I feel guilty about this past week, but then I stop and thing that maybe a "rest week" is a good thing every now and then.  p90x and Insanity both have a rest week about 4-5 weeks in, so maybe this is what I needed.  

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it was rough, dude. I think you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete