Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday December 1st!

I'm so glad Brad is in recovery. I heard it's going to be a very long process but it looks like he will make a full recovery. So relieved! I think I'll wait until he feels better to go visit. The message I got said he's still very sick so I doubt he's up for a lot of visitors right now. This thing sure has put everything into perspective. I get so worried about money and jobs and what people are going to think about every thing I do but then something like this happens and you just sit back and think the only thing that matters is the people in your life that you care about. All this other stuff is just stuff.

I was praying before I went to sleep last night about everything in my life that I'm so thankful for and somedays I forget to include health in that. We are so lucky to be young and healthy and able to make healthy choices (even if that means sometimes we don't). We have that ability and the means to do so. We have legs to run with and healthy hearts and arms that can lift weights even if they get sore afterwards. Sometimes as I'm running I will think about dad and how I shouldn't take for granted that I'm able to run...even if I may not love it. Why take the body we were given for granted? It makes weight seem so insignificant when you look at the whole picture. I'm sure you think about this everyday since this is your chosen path. It's crazy how sometimes I forget how lucky we all are.

I feel even more like December goals are in order. Here's to making health something that I'm more aware of everyday!

1. Workout at least 4 times a week. I have made a schedule that I will post.

2. Get more sleep. Need to start going to bed at a consistent time. 11:00 will be my absolute latest.

3. Track my food consistently. (Other than Christmas Eve and Christmas day)

4. No eating out/Starbucks for the month except for planned events with friends.

5. Limit processed food. I'm trying to make my daily percentages for fat/protein/carbs a little more balanced. I'm shooting for less than 60% carbs, At least 25% protein and the rest fat. This is at least something to keep in mind. I need to eat more fruits/veggies. I've gotten away from that since it's no longer summer but there are still so many different options for fruits/veggies that I need to take advantage of.

6. Make 2 new holiday recipes.

7. No buying for myself for the rest of this month. Tis the season for others!

Breakfast: Oatmeal

Snack: Peach greek yogurt

Lunch: soup w/crackers

Dinner: out w/Sarah. We are having a girls night.

No activity for today

1 comment: