Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday

No big plans for the weekend.  We're not very exciting, haha.  I'm starting to study for boards again (round 2 and 3 are in August) and am working on my residency application.  Then I am back to work on Tuesday on rotations....at least this one is going to be an easy one!

I'm really discouraged with how hot it is.  It is so miserable to get out and do anything that I am just so frustrated.  Going to start my workout videos back on Monday and do them before I go to work in the mornings.  

Slept in too late today.....eating breakfast at lunch time....poop
  • Brunch:  6.8 oz of acorn squash (17.19), pat of butter, bacon, iced tea with splenda


These squash are my new favorite food!  (Probably because they don't actually taste like squash!).  Just cut 'em in half and microwave them for 10 minutes with plastic wrap covering them, and they are amazing!  I usually season mine with some paprika and sometimes some garlic powder (plus a touch of butter). They are pretty high in carbs for a veggie (which is probably why they taste so good), but man, it is worth it! 
  • Snack:  home-made flax bread (2), sugar free jelly (1)
  • Dinner:  salad with tomatoes, egg, cheese (2), green beans (3), grilled shrimp (1)
  • Snack: rocky road on a cone (I can not say no to ice cream....there is zero will-power in this department!)  
Went and visited James' family this evening and ate at Texas Roadhouse.  I did really well at dinner and didn't touch the rolls or the rice on my plate....but then I gave into ice cream.  But I think I am ok with that.  Ice cream is one of those things I wouldn't ever want to give up completely.

Now I am debating a glass of wine since we are home and I am about to sit down and work on my application.....I feel like I need it, but we will see.  I will track it if I do.  Promise.  I probably deservce it after an evening with my MIL. 

      2 comments:

      1. I don't think ice cream is negotiable either. Especially rocky road. They have a new strawberry chocolate chip frozen yogurt that is really good too!

        I'm going to have to buy some squash this week and try it. It sounds and looks delicious.

        I hope you had some wine and some relaxation last night!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I've tried that kind and it is SO good, but this Braum's was out of it! :( I was mad, because that is what I had planned on.....

        ReplyDelete