Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday

Breakfast: acorn squash with butter, 4 slices turkey bacon, iced coffee
Lunch:  low carb chicken quesadilla, sour cream, acorn squash
Dinner: pulled pork on a thin bun, baked cauliflower, pickle
Snack: sugar free cherry pie filling

So I reeeeeeally need to go get groceries, haha.  No idea what I'm gonna have for lunch or dinner.

I've been kind of pouty about food lately.  With these interviews, I'm really not sure how it is going to be possible to as healthy as I'd like because they are the ones that provide the food. I suppose I could pretend to have a gluten intolerance?  Last week was awful and my stomach still hurts from all of the crap I ate (donuts, cookies, a goodie bag full of candy, pizza, bagels, Dr. Pepper).  Hopefully this coming week will be better.  I need to make a good effort to at least try to pick good foods.  Airports and hotels are really difficult to find healthy food in.


I went and got some sugar free instant oatmeal, some almonds, and some thin buns.  I made up some trail-mix with the almonds and some sugar free chocolate chips and fiber-one cereal.  I'm also going to make a couple of peanut butter sandwiches on the thin buns.  That should help me avoid all of the sweets on this trip. I'm going to try really, really hard to track on this trip.  I leave for Kentucky tomorrow and get back on Tuesday, so hopefully I can keep it up for two days.

3 comments:

  1. I think traveling is super hard. You feel like you have no control. Over on Beth's Journey she talked about traveling this week if you wanted to check that out. I know she brings oatmeal and has the coffee place put hot water in it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good idea. Most hotel rooms have a coffee pot and I could just use it to boil water. I'll go check her site out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your interview!!! I'm sure you'll be great! And great snacks to bring along. I bet you'll feel so much better after traveling this time!

    ReplyDelete