Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday

Food:   http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fj&dt=15228    (did the link work??)

Try this one?  http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=mdcs&id=493677
Or this one (and click on 'view diet calendar') http://www.fatsecret.com/member/MandaJoMiles

So I am thinking about starting to track my food on the app and then posting the link on here.  I feel like tracking in two places is too tedious and actually makes me do it less.  I am still going to post here every day, but throughout the day I will use FatSecret to track my food and then post the final product here.  Thoughts?

I have been motivating myself to get back on the exercise train today.  I need to find a good show or series on NetFlix that I'm only allowed to watch on the treadmill.  I've also made a strength training workout schedule.


  • Sunday: upper body strength 
  • Monday: cardio intervals
  • Tuesday: lower body and abs strength
  • Wednesday: cardio intervals
  • Thursday: upper body strength
  • Friday: cardio intervals
  • Saturday: REST
  • Sunday: lower body and abs strength 
  • (continue alternating)

For the strength training I will be using this type of method:  http://bodyforlife.com/downloads/exercise_guide.pdf
"Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group."

Then for cardio, you just do intervals of some type for 20mins.
http://bodyforlife.com/library/exercise/cardio


To-Do:
  1. vacuum the whole house
  2. pick up the front porch area
  3. Clean the kitchen
  4. put out fall decorations
  5. Bake some bread
  6. Fake tan
  7. Paint toenails
  8. Curl hair
  9. Strength moves workout
  10. Give Max a bath 
  11. Get caught up on Laundry
  12. Take trash out for bathrooms and laundry room
  13. Organize workout gear/weights/clothes/etc

5 comments:

  1. I think posting the link sounds like a great idea. It is hard to do it two places. I'll start doing that too!!! I think that your workout plan sounds great!

    You have had a really productive weekend!I really like the to-do lists. It makes me feel accountable to someone else besides just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of shows. have you watched Ally McBeal? It is really good! I'm also really into 30 rock. Or Dexter!!! I just finished Season 5 and it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about Dexter--everyone always talks about it! Another one that I like that I've seen only one or two of is Lie To Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The link takes me to a guest entry place for fat secret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those worked!!!!

    ReplyDelete