Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday

Breakfast: Strawberry Chobani (3), 1/2 c. strawberries (0), banana (0) = 3 points = 269 calories

Lunch: tuna salad on whole wheat bread(6), 100 calorie pack of cheese-its(3), pudding(2) = 11 points = 474 calories

Dinner: Salmon patty (5), peach salsa(0), zucchini fries (6) = 11 points = 573 calories ....This was so good. Thank you weight watchers for a great recipe!!! It was really filling too. It said I could eat two of the burgers for 10 points and then eat half of the fries for 3 but I was getting full so I decided to save the extra burger and eat the fries. I don't think they would be good tomorrow anyway. They were delicious. And not that bad for you!



Dessert: vitatop muffin, raspberries

Activity: Running (Run 12, walk 2 repeat twice) . Scratch that, it's raining and lightning outside so I did Jillian Ripped in 30 week 2. I love her!!!


This blog is so great! I know we are counting calories/points/carbs, etc. but she makes some really great points. Tell me what you think!

I totally agree about having a check system with the tracking. I'm afraid I would just go back to eating whatever I wanted. I hope to one day learn to eat mindfully and only when I'm full and to crave good things not only because I like the taste but because they are good for my body. I may try more of her ideas. Like making my own bread, eating less processed foods(I'm trying to do this but it's hard for me. I love chips, crackers, cereal), cooking more, etc. I think I'm starting to do this and it does make me feel better. I think I love eating out too much. And this is why I need to see a therapist.

Salmon Burgers w/Peach Salsa

Salsa: combine 2 large diced peaches w/1 small, cored, seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice in medium bowl; add 1 1/2 tsp sugar; mix well. Stir in 1/8 tsp salt and 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro. Set aside.

Burgers: Preheat grill. Drain 14 3/4 oz. can red salmon and break into small chunks. Place in medium bowl; mash bones w/fork. Add 1 finely chopped medium scallion, 2 1/2 tsp lemon zest, 1 beaten large egg, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 3 1/2 tbsp dried whole wheat bread crumbs. Mix well. Shape into 4 1" think patties.
Gently place burgers in grill basket or on grill rack. Grill at medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and grill until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes more. Serve w/salsa on the side. 1 serving = 1 burger and 1/2 salsa

zucchini fries: Preheat over to 425 degrees. Coat baking sheet w/cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1 tsp italian seasoning, 1 1/2 tbsp flour, and 3/4 tsp salt. Place 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs in another bowl. Cut 2 medium zucchini in half crosswise, then cut each half into 8 pieces lengthwise. Dredge pieces in flour mixture, then dip into 2 large egg whites whipped until frothy; dredge in bread crumbs. Place zucchini on prepared baking sheet; coat w/cooking spray. Roast, turning once, until desired crispness, about 12 minutes. Yields about 8 fries per serving. I only used one zucchini. That was probably good for two people but I was extra hungry. They were good w/ketchup!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with a lot of that. I think that the word "diet" is dumb and that it implies a short term course of action rather than changing your eating habits for the better. I definitely think the focus of all this stuff we're doing should be on nourishing our bodies with REAL food.

    I struggle with the emotional eating thing and I worry about losing the control that food tracking offers, ya know? Not that tracking my food really prevents me from eating crap. I've done this a few too many times lately. (i.e. cake pops--I didn't really need three, nor was I really that hungry) Maybe I need therapy too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! You should put the recipe on here! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete