Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday

Breakfast: breakfast quesadilla, coffee with half and half, acorn squash
Lunch: acorn squash, 1.5oz colby jack, apple with PB
Snack: small tortilla with PB
Dinner: spaghetti
Snack: 3 sugar free chocolates
Water: (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)
Activity: Insanity plyometrics--this was really hard today.  I had no energy going into it and I'm glad its over with.

I found out good info today!!  I chatted with Gena and asked about how many calories you should eat back from those burnt in a workout.  She says it doesn't really matter as long as you aim for a 500cal deficit per day.  You can cut back 250 from your diet and burn 250 working out or you can burn 500 working out, or just however.  If that's too strict, you can spread it out more, but obviously it'll be slower weight loss.  I think as long as you have the deficit you want.  It was much simpler than I thought.

Here's a fancy formula for how many calories you start with --Ok, so this formula is to estimate your basal metabolic rate or how much you burn everyday just living.  So I figure this is about what you need to maintain?  This is called the Harris Benedict formula and is usually in kg/cm, but this version corrects for that. 

Adult female: 655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

1 comment: