Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday

Breakfast: Oatmeal

Snack: Apple & PB

Lunch: Amy's tomato soup w/wheat crackers and greek yogurt

Snack: Bear Naked Granola cookie

Dinner: 5 fried green beans, 4 pieces of spicy shrimp roll, shirataki noodles w/veggies (Went to Panchinko Parlor with Betsy for dinner)

Snacks: popcorn & bear naked granola cookie

Activity: Zumba - tonight was a really great class. I love Natalie!

So it's crazy you talked about the 500 calorie deficit because I had a telephone coaching meeting this evening with my health mentor for work(we have to do this once a month for the next 5 months to get our $75 gift card but I just wanted to do it. They talk about goals and give advice. It's a pretty cool program. It goes hand in hand with our biometric screening) and he talked about the same thing. He also talked about the 30 minute window after working out when it's best to get in a good 4-1 carb:protein snack to help rebuild muscle and replace what you lost during the workout. We also talked about working out hardcore for 3 weeks and then taking a rest week where you still workout but you just do low intensity. He said even athletes do it. So my 2 goals for the next month were to track everything and to give myself a rest week after 3 hardcore weeks.

Sorry I'm so late posting. I had to go back to work after zumba and I just got out of the shower and am trying to relax before going to bed. Thank goodness for Bon Iver pandora.

I'm going to go figure out my baseline metabolic basal rate and see how that measures up with what I've been doing. What great stuff to learn!!! 

Edit: Okay so I just calculated it and it says baseline is 1500. So I guess I shoot for 1,000 calories with working out??? Is that right? I think that's totally do-able. If I'm not working out I'll just need to watch what I eat really carefully but that's probably how it should be anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the work hard for a few weeks and then recover--that's how Insanity is set up to work.

    Interesting info about the 4:1 snack!!

    ReplyDelete