Monday, January 2, 2012

1/2/12

Not much to report today. Spent the night at the parents so I helped mom with delivering meals this morning then we went to lunch and stopped by Hastings. I got a new book, The Idiot's Guide to the Bible. I'm hoping this will aid in my understanding since I've heard it's very easy to get bogged down when just reading it straight.

Trying to get all my finances up to date. I keep a spreadsheet that tracks every expense and then I categorize it so I got that caught up and am trying to create a new one for 2012. I liked last year's but it was a little too generalized and I'd like to make it where I can drill down even more to break out things like fast food, clothes, etc. This year I just had a weekly column where all my expenses went there that weren't for utilties, housing, etc and then if I went over my weekly budget then the excess went into my "Extra" column and I had a budget for Extra for the year that was meant for items here and there that weren't weekly expenses. Overall I liked being able to see if I was making a profit and where my money was going but I think I can make it even more detailed this year so I can narrow in on even more areas to cut back on.

Cardio Kick class is tonight at 6:30. I'm excited to get to take out some frustration and try out my new gloves!Class was cancelled tonight because they are still refinishing the floor in the aerobics room so I went to my Y and did an hour on the elliptical (5.75 miles, 660 calories burned)

I also need to go to Target tonight to get a new receipt holder for 2012 receipts, some new storage boxes for decorations (yes, my Christmas stuff is still up) and a new composition book to record my workouts. I'm still thinking about getting a calendar so I can mark the days I do/don't workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment