Monday, January 2, 2012

1/2/2012

Well last night was a bit rough--I came home and started getting sick.  Not sure what the deal was, but feel much better now.  Hopefully it was just a 12 hour bug.  (On a brighter note, I'm down a pound and a half since yesterday....that doesn't count as bulemia, right? haha)

I have a couple of things for today:

1.  I found a good calculator for average heart rate and calories burned, so we can estimate yesterday's workout.  http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/    Based on this link and others I've found, the estimate on my watch was pretty close to being correct, meaning I burned around 1500 calories! WOW.

2.  This go-round I am going to try using a workout supplement.  You mix it with your water during your workouts and it helps with recovery and with soreness.  It is made up of B vitamins and branched-chain amino acids.  So I'll report back and let you know how it goes.  So far, I'm just waiting on it to get here....ordered it last week which was probably a bad idea.

3.  I tried a new recipe yesterday morning and it worked out great!  I made these little breakfast muffins made out of egg, a slice of turkey or ham, and a little bit of cheese sprinkled on top.  The best part?  They can be put in the fridge and reheated in the microwave--so you have breakfast for the rest of the week!  Here's what I did:  To fill a muffin pan (12 cups) I mixed 12 eggs up with some salt and pepper, put a slice of lunch meat in each muffin cup(spray with cooking spray first), poured the egg into each cup and sprinkled with cheese.  The egg will go outside of the meat, but that is ok.  Then I sprinkled a little bit of cheese on each one and baked at 350 for about 15 minutes (until really puffed up).  When I brought them out, some still had jiggle middles, but after cooling, they were fine.

1 comment:

  1. 1500 calories? That's insane! If that's true then I need to refigure my Zumba class calorie counts bc I'd been using like 450 calories I think. How awesome!

    The breakfast looks awesome! I made some for Christmas morning but used biscuits so this is even better!

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete