Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stomach Bug and Bathing Suits?

Well, it was a pretty lousy day again for me.  I woke up dry heaving this morning, crawled to the couch and then proceeded to sleep until noon!  After eating a little bit of lunch I felt back to normal though, so I'm not sure what is going on (DDx: congestion drainage vs. low blood sugar vs. stomach bug).
_____________________________________________________________________
 DDx= Differential diagnosis, or the list we medical people start making in our heads of possible diseases/ailments when talking to a patient  
______________________________________________________________________

I ended up doing some baking today and then working out before dinner.  I took it a bit easier and just did a bit of strength training followed by a lot of stretching.  The scale is being SUPER nice to me though (even though I have this psuedo-eating disorder thing going for me, as my appetite has been pretty crummy....gross)


Something fun I did today:  I ordered my bathing suit from Victoria's Secret!!  I ordered it in the size I want it to be for our trip and plan on working my butt off to fit in it!!  The best part is, they've got most of their bathing suits on clearance, so I got it for half of the original price (because it is SO last year, I suppose).  

Fun and Inspiring Blog for the Day:  Runs for Cookies





3 comments:

  1. Yay for half price bathing suits and for extra motivation! And yay for the scale...but not for the psuedo eating disorder. I hope you start to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and here's some boring accounting info to make any of your patients doze right off...

    An Accrual is where we estimate a corporation's taxes so we can go ahead and book the tax expense and see if they have any deferred tax benefits or liabilities for the future. Basically there are differences between what a company has on their books and what we record on the tax return and those differences can mean different things for the future. Like if you take a big expense for tax then in the future you won't have that to take on another tax return so it will make a tax liability in the future. Everything always turns around unless it's a permanent difference. It's super boring but it's basically a way to make sure they've paid enough in, where they are for future purposes and go ahead and get a good number for audit purposes.

    Again...just read this when you or James have insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that is is a bit clearer than mud! I understand the last sentence pretty well though, hahah. Thanks Dude. It sounds pretty complicated and I'm sure that the one person they want doing it is you--cause you're the best!

    ReplyDelete