Sunday, August 9, 2009

DAY 35-MANDA

Inspiration for today: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--13258-2-1-2,00.html

If she can get up at 2:30 AM to get fit, then why can't I get up before school to do it!?! It is people like this that really motivate me. People that finally just shut down all of the excuses and "just do it." I realize now just how many excuses I have made in the past, and still do sometimes, not to exercise.
  • "I don't have time"
  • "I'm too tired"
  • "I'll do it in the morning"
  • "My favorite pair of shorts are in the washer"
  • "I exercised yesterday"
  • "I have to study"
  • "I can't get up that early"
  • "It's too hot/cold/windy/humid/perfect outside"
  • "I don't want to be sore tomorrow"
  • "I'm too sore from yesterday"
  • "No, I'm not busy James. Sure we can go eat Mexican food."
  • "My knee/ankle/back/etc is hurt"
  • "I'm not in shape"
  • "I feel fat"
  • "I don't want anyone to see me or have to see anyone today"
  • "People are going to judge me if they see me exercising"
  • "My house is a mess"
  • Etc, etc, etc, etc.....
I was watching some Biggest Loser re-runs on tv last night when I realized that Jillian really knows when someone is making excuses for themselves and it is amazing to me that the contestants don't realize that they are only hurting themselves. I then realized that I hurt myself with excuses ALL of the time! Like last night I ate a LOT of PB, but I just made an excuse for myself...."My throat hurts and I don't feel good so I can have this. I just want a little. "

I have an extremely sore throat this morning and am trying to just ignore it in hopes that I am not sick during my last week of freedom. I'm not making any excuses for myself today. Going for a run anyway.

___________________________________________________
Breakfast: coffee with 1 c. milk and mocha (3), 1 slice toast with PB (2)=5/20
Snack: blackberries (1)=6/20
Lunch: PB&J (3), ff hot dog (1), special K crackers (2)=12/20
Snack: cereal and 3/4c. milk (2)=14/20
Dinner: ww dinner (3), 1 c. carrots(0) dip (0)=17/20
Snack: No pudge brownie (2), 1 cup of milk (2)=21/20-->1AP used
____________________________________________________
F&V's: 5/5
Dairy: 2/2
Protein: 2/2
Oils: 0/2
Water: 6/6
Vitamin: yes
Limited Sugar/Alcohol: yes
Tracking: yes
Sleep: yes
Activity: Running (8 APs), Picking blackberries (6)=14 APs total
NSV: No more making excuses.


I need to come up with some more creative ways to get my oils in....they are difficult.

2 comments:

  1. They are difficult. They have some new dressing that is made from olive oil and it's like 50 calories for 2 tbsps. They have some different flavors so that's one idea. I'll ask about that at my meeting tomorrow.

    Do you like the no pudge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am IN LOVE with the no pudge. This is amazing. James likes them too, which is a shocker since they aren't awful for you. :)
    I'm going to have to get some more next time I am in Edmond.

    ReplyDelete