Friday, July 17, 2009

DAY 12-MANDA

You got your dairy in yesterday--YAY! Good for you!!!

Ok, so I am possibly "cheating myself" this morning....I weighed in, and while the scale is being much nicer than it was a couple weeks ago, I am not below what I was last week (by 0.6#'s). SO, I have drank a cup of coffee and am waiting to pee before I "officially" weigh-in. I don't really care at this point whether it works....I am so glad to see the number that is on there now (haven't seen that one in a while!), but we shall see. I suppose you could call it an experiment....I am regretting not running yesterday now; perhaps I would be down... I am still super proud of us!!!!!!!!! I will update in a little bit with the official WI results... :)

I have decided that I need to become more flexible, as this is where my running injury probably came from several months ago. My new goal this week is to do a little bit of yoga each day. I found a section on the Runner's World website that is all yoga and is very interesting...it even has a section where it tels you poses to do for certain problems (bloating, cravings, headache, etc...)
Here is the link in case you are interested:

http://www.runnersworld.com/syndication/rw/

I think I am going to start a box over on the side with inspiring/helpful links. Let me know if you have any we should add!

Also, have you ever seen these:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LMBeads-Design/Weight-Loss-Charm-Bracelets.html

A lady was mentioning them on her weight-loss story blog (http://www.gulftel.com/tessler/journey.html) and I thought they were neat!

How was yesterday except for the extreme soreness??? I have a love/hate relationship with days like that. You feel so accomplished, yet you are in so much pain. Those are usually the days I am motivated to do more activity, but can't even manage to get out of bed. (For some reason after lunges/squats/whatever I always have to worst time sitting down on the toilet--and getting back up, lol...)
_____________________________________
Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 cup milk (1), fruit smoothie with 4oz. yogurt (2)=3/20
Lunch: Lean Cuisine spaghetti with mushrooms and little shrimp (3), small can of mushrooms (0)=6/20
Dinner: Shrimp cocktail with tomatoes, onions, etc(3), chips (3), Tortillas (3), salsa (0), soapapilla (3)=18/20
Snack: cereal with 1 cup milk (4), cocoa almonds (earlier today--2)=20/20 daily, 1 AP used, 3 Weekly Points used
Activity: Yoga for 40 minutes (+1 AP)
_____________________________________
WI: after coffee= Maintained!! (+3)
Measurements: -1/2" from arms, -1" from bust, -1/2" from hips (+3)
Goal: I achieved 32/30 AP's (+5)
OP: technically I was OP this week, as in I didn't eat over my weekly points, but I didn't feel like I was as much. Last weekend was a bit crazy/uncontrolled, so I am going to go ahead and say I was not OP every day this past week. I need to really think about what I am going to eat before I go somewhere and not just go crazy once I get there.
TOTAL: 11 weekly points.
+5 for being OP....I think you are right and I changed my mind!
________________________________________

Points: sleep, tracking, f&v's, limited sugar/alcohol, water, vitamin, lean protein, dairy, activity=9

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dude! Congrats! You're loss of inches is amazing!!! Obviously you didn't just maintain you had to lose to have inch loss like that! I'm so happy for you!!!

    I like the motivational links. Where do you find them? I don't have any as of yet but I'll start looking for them.

    Yesterday was good. I did want to do a workout last night but my body was still pissed at me (or happy but just recovering I guess). What's funny about the toilet comment is I thought the same thing yesterday. That is the worst!

    Today has been hard because I've been super hungry. I'm trying to fill up on veggies so I won't pig out. I have really nothing in my house though so I guess it's not an issue. I did buy some WW popcorn (Jolly Time really)today. I am excited about trying it tonight.

    I think you ate OP last week. If you look at everything but the cake you made really smart decisions. And you ate the cake knowing you wanted it and that you had weekly points to cover it. I think we are being too hard on ourselves for one mess up-like I did the other day about that stupid sandwich. We track everyday and do really well. I would reconsider if I were you. I'm trying to start congratulating myself more on what I'm doing instead of beating myself up about one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude. :) You are right. We are doing great.

    Also, I have been finding the links on the message boards.

    ReplyDelete