Monday, July 20, 2009

DAY 15-MANDA

Good Morning! (sorry this is so long)

I hope work isn't so boring today, but if it is, just think, it can only get better. And if it doesn't, I suppose it is lucky to have a job right now...but I am the eternal optimist and think it will get better. :)

So, in this whole better thy-self thing we are doing here I am working on bettering my insides too, and I'd thought I'd share my new rules for myself.
  1. For every bad thought or sentence I have about myself, I must say three things that I like/are good about myself.
  2. I must think of one thing I am thankful for everyday.
  3. When I am stressed I will meditate/yoga it out rather than turning to food.
  • This week, I have been trying to stretch A LOT, and have discovered how truly relaxing "yoga" is. My version of yoga is not near what it is supposed to be, but I suppose I'll get there if I keep practicing. I always wondered why all of the celebrities said yoga was so relaxing and they could meditate while doing it, well I finally figured it out I guess. Taking deep breaths while stretching slowly is seriously the most calming thing I've EVER done and I finally see what all of the hoopla is about! It is easier for me to relax when I pick out some moves from the computer or a magazine and do them by myself rather than watching a DVD, but I am learning some of the names and such.
Anyway, those are my new strategies. :) I am really trying to fix my relationship with food so when school starts I am not back into my old ways. I am really scared of that because that is exactly what happened last year. I was at my lowest the day I started orientation. And I gained it all back and then some. I am also working on some rules that I am going to follow when I go back to school:
  1. Don't eat anything you didn't bring with you. The mod CONSTANTLY has crap/junk that people bring. Cookies, brownies, cake, chips, etc. (like your office?) Where is the healthy stuff we are telling our patients to eat? And why am I the only one with such a shitty metabolism that if I eat it I gain weight!?!? (**My metabolism may be slow, but I am smart, caring and driven.)
  2. Exercise is a must. I am going to have to schedule this in or I will never do it. Even if I have to get up even earlier, I vow to exercise no less than 3x per week.
  3. Don't let the toxic people around you drive you to bad habits. "Just one won't hurt" is a saying that not only applies to drugs, but also food (which I honestly consider a type of drug--it can hurt you, make you feel good, and cover up your problems...).

Ok, so those are both works-in-progress, but are things I have been thinking about lately. Especially becaue I have exactly ONE MONTH until I am back into the lions den.
_______________________________________________
Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 cup milk and mocha(2), English Muffin (1)=3/20
Lunch: Mini Subway with out cheese and extra veggies (2), apples (1), sugar fee ice cream sandwich (2)=8/20
Snack: PB&J(3)=11/20
Dinner: veggie stuffed portobello mushrooms (0), whole wheat pasta (3), pasta sauce with veggie crumbles and EVOO (3), milk (2)=19/20
Snack:
sugar free ice cream sandwich (2), 1/2 cup milk=22/20 (2AP used)
_______________________________________________
Activity: Running on a treadmill (+10 AP's), stretching x2!
Sleep: 8.25 hours
Vitamin: yes
Tracking: yes
Dairy: 2/2
Oils: 2/2
Fruits/Veggies: 6/5
Lean Protein: 2/2
NSV: Making new rules for myself and trying to fix my relationship with food.
Limited Sugar/Alcohol: Yup.
Water: 6/6

=11 Points!
___________
_____________________________________

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "I'm sorry. I'm allergic to that. It makes me break out in fat."


I feel really dumb right now.....so no one ever really measured me to tell me how tall I was....and if they did I must have had shoes on or shrunk. I have 5'5" entered as my height....I am actually 5' 3 1/2". CRAP. At least it doesn't change my daily points allowance. Thank goodness I am not 5'1" instead.


THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a good loss! How much in 2 weeks?? WOW!


I liked it too! Notice, I have put another helpful link up....it goes to people.com and Marrissa (hairspray) has a weight loss blog!!

1 comment: